The Birthing Circle believes that ALL families deserve support during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. And looking at the research, we know that low-income and marginalized families face worse birth outcomes.
But we also know that childbirth education and doula support can help change those outcomes.
So we built the Birthing Circle Doula Project, providing Childbirth Classes & Birth Doula services for those families.
What is a doula? A doula is a trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to a family before, during, and after childbirth. These services include prenatal visits and support, connecting families to resources, constant attendance at the birth, and postpartum follow-up. Some of the impacts that a doula can make are:
- Decrease cesarean rates
- Decrease need for pain medications
- Decrease duration of labor
- Decrease use of pitocin
- Decrease risk of babies spending time in the NICU
- Increase satisfaction in your birth experience
Why attend a childbirth class?
- Build your confidence in your ability to give birth.
- Discuss your fears about labor and birth with an instructor.
- Learn about the stages of labor, pain relief options, and birthing techniques.
Each of our classes is taught by a trained and experienced Childbirth Educator, and classes are inclusive to all styles of birth & parenting. We are welcoming and affirming.
Download our FDP Flyer to share this information with local families.