The Doula Project – Bringing Birth Support to Everyone
At The Birthing Circle, we believe that all families deserve high-quality support during pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period. Good support improves birth outcomes, making for healthier, happier babies and families.
Studies have shown, however, that low-income and marginalized families are the least likely to be able to access these supports, even though they are the most likely to benefit from them.
As an answer to these studies, we created The Doula Project to help provide childbirth education, support groups, and birth doula services to families who may not be able to afford it otherwise.
Doulas are trained professionals who provide continuous support and advocacy for birthing parents, including prenatal visits and support, connecting families to important resources, attendance during childbirth, and postpartum follow-up. Some of the benefits of doula services include:
- Decreased rates of Caesarean sections
- Decreased need for pain medications
- Decreased duration of labor
- Decreased use of pitocin and other interventions
- Decreased risk of babies spending time in NICU
- Increased satisfaction with the birthing process
If you or someone you know could benefit from our doula services for low-income families, fill out our application today.
Each of our childbirth classes is taught by a trained and experienced Childbirth Educator. We are open and welcoming to all types of birth plans and parenting styles. During your childbirth classes, you will:
- Build your confidence about your ability to give birth
- Discuss your fears about labor and birth with an instructor
- Build relationships with fellow new families
- Learn about the stages of labor, pain relief options, and birthing techniques
If you or someone you know would like to enroll in our childbirth classes, sign up today.