We are so excited for this year’s Birth and Babies Fair!
This year’s festivities will kick-off with a .5 mile Family Stroll for the whole family, strollers to walkers. After the walk Deanna Houston yoga will lead a family yoga session. No equipment necessary. This session will be for all ages and prenatal.
The day will be full of education and entertainment for the whole family, including opportunities to connect with local providers and business that cater to all things pregnancy and parenting, plus bandshell performances by Frederick favorite, The Long Way Home and the hilarious children’s entertainer The Great Zucchini! Our Bandshell entertainment is sponsored by Spring Ridge Chiropractic.
This year’s swag bags full of items that you can use on your pregnancy and parenting journey! The contents of the bag are valued at more than $125 and have coupons that total more than $150 in savings. Also, make sure you stick around for this year’s raffle with 65+ items valued at more than $5k. Free tickets for all attendees.
Save the date on Facebook to get all the updates. We can’t wait to see you there!
10:00 AM – Kickoff Stroll — followed by Family Yoga with Deanna Houston (Children’s Area – near the Carillon)
11:00 AM – Welcome/Announcements (Bandshell)
Food Trucks Available
11:05 AM – Eat Right Now — Experience Optimal Nutrition During Pregnancy and Beyond with Mama Love (Gazebo)
Ages and Stages Play Group — Ages 0-3 Months with Ailm Birth Support (Children’s Area)
11:30 AM The Long Way Home (Bandshell)
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Face Painting with Fairytale Princess Events (Children’s Area)
12:35 PM – Mindset Matters — How Your Mindset During Pregnancy Pregnancy Can Affect Your Birth with Visitation Doula (Gazebo)
Ages and Stages Play Group — Ages 4-7 Months with Ailm Birth Support (Children’s Area)
1:00 PM – The Great Zucchini (Bandshell)
1:45 PM – Postpartum Care Workshop with Amy Miller of Red House Birth Care (Gazebo)
Ages and Stages Play Group – Ages 8-12 Months with Ailm Birth Support (Children’s Area)
2:05 PM – Keeping Mental Health in Mind in Pregnancy and Postpartum with Emily Souder (Gazebo)
2:30 PM – Raffle! Must be present to win. (Bandshell)
Our children’t area will feature fine and gross motor skills activities for our youngest fair goers. The first 100 children will receive a kid’s swag bag with goodies and snacks. Face painting will be available from 12 PM to 1 PM by Fairytale Princess Events. Please see the schedule above for developmental playgroups by age hosted by Ailm Birth Support.
There will also be an adorable fall photo opportunity area for families – sponsored by Leigh Ann Fangmeyer, RE/MAX Plus.
Swag bags are available for purchase now and at the Fair. They are full of items and coupons to make your parenting easier and more fun. The Swag Bag costs just $25 and is valued at over $125. We have fabulous items from Boppy, Evenflo, and Motherlove just to name a few! Coupons include over 150$ worth of savings! Each bag will also contain 5 raffle tickets for our annual raffle.
Swag bags must be picked up on the day of the Birth and Babies Fair at the main check in table.
Our day will conclude with the Birth and Babies Fair raffle. You will not want to miss it! There are 65+ items valued at nearly $5k. Winners will be called at 2:30 PM at the Bandshell. You must be present to win.
Every attendee will receive a free ticket. Just check in at the main table or with a volunteer in the blue Birth and Babies Fair t-shirt to get yours!
- Aetna Better Health of Maryland
- Aglow Midwifery
- Ailm Birth Support
- Anaya’s Project, Inc.
- Ardo USA
- Asian American Center of Frederick
- BabyQuip Independent Quality Provider, Terri Bussard
- Breastfeeding Center of Greater Washington
- Charm City Craniosacral
- Chary’s Bakery
- Daylily Doula Service
- Deanna Houston Yoga
- Elise Harich Photography, LLC
- Embracing Grace Birth Services
- emiB Photography
- Emily Souder
- FabScaps/Lulu and Pepe Dolls
- Fairytale Princess Events
- Frederick County Democratic Central Committee
- Frederick County Department of Social Services
- Frederick County Health Department
- Frederick County Infants and Toddlers Program
- Frederick County WIC Program
- Frederick County YMCA
- Gaia Women’s Physical Therapy and Wellness
- Glamourview Creamery
- Holistic Health Associates
- La Leche League of Frederick
- Little Magnolia Sleep
- Love for Lochlin Foundation
- LuLaRoe on the Mountainside
- Mama Love Pregnancy Health Coaching
- Mary Kay
- Maryland 529
- Matilda Jane Clothing
- Maureen McIver Midwife Dharma
- Me Land
- Melissa Atherholt, Real Estate Staging & Home Energy Clearings
- Midwifery Care Associates, LLC
- Northern Pharmacy & Medical Equipment
- Northern Virginia (NOVA) Birth Services
- OneFight Fitness & Martial Arts
- Patapsco Farm
- Polished By Pearl, Independent Color Street Artist
- Safeway Pharmacy
- Sage Cakery
- Shifrah’s Sisters Holistic Birth Services
- Simply Whimsical Art
- Spectrum Healing
- The Original Playhouse
- The Timeless Apothecary
- Visitation Birth Doula
We are seeking volunteers for this event and would love your help! All volunteers receive a Birth & Babies Fair t-shirt and exclusive access to our volunteer tent filled with food and drinks and a place to relax for the day.
A huge thank you to Pediatric Dental Center of Frederick for sponsoring this year’s volunteer lounge.
You can sign up to volunteer by clicking on the Sign Up Genius button below.
Vendor applications are now open for The Birthing Circle’s 5th Annual Birth and Babies Fair!
Click here to apply to be a vendor for this year’s fair!
Admission is free!
We know that COVID is a concern for everyone right now and want to let you know how we are preparing to host our event safely:
· Booths will be spaced 6-10’ from each other to provide adequate social distancing between businesses.
· We will encourage participants and attendees to wear masks and will have masks available on-Site to anyone who would need them.
· If the positivity rate is over 5% at the time of the fair, we will require all our volunteers to wear masks.
· We will have signs encouraging social distancing throughout the event
· Access to Hand Sanitizing stations or individual bottles (still tbd) will be available for all
· We will be utilizing QR codes and touch free options when possible and encourage vendors to do the same
· Our children’s area will be designed to provide individual use products to reduce sharing and common touch points
· We will be sanitizing common touch points throughout the day at the children’s area, raffle table, and main check in table
With that said, it’s important to note that we do not have control over what the state, county, or city could do about shutting down large events. If that were to occur, we would give participants three options:
· Full refund (minus $25 processing fee)
· Allow participants to hold their space until 2022
· Donate your registration or sponsorship fees to our non-profit